This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

AutoUpdater downloads update but crashes afterwards

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Hi there,

I am developing a WPF application that uses AutoUpdater. When my app is started, it recognizes a newer version using the information in the appcast, and the user is prompted to update.

When clicking update, there is a green progress bar shown, which I assume show download progress. The download is completed and the update window closes. Then around 20 seconds later, I get an error message saying the application has stopped working.

My main app doesn't crash, but it seems the AutoUpdater library crashes for some reason. I found the following in the event log:

Application: Saax.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()

Any ideas on what could be wrong? Thanks in advance.

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:03 AM

it works fine for me but when i tried it with my other library CrashReporter.NET, it crashes. not sure where the problem is but you can ask it on stackoverflow, it seems related to wpf.

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM
same thing is happening for me. i have a winforms application..
Feb 2, 2013 at 6:27 AM
please try building .dll file yourself by downloading latest build from source code link. I recently updated source code that might solve your problem. Also you can do debugging with autoupdater.net with your project. Just use Add existing Project option from right clicking your solution file in vs solution explorer and select downloaded source code AutoUpdater.NET.csproject file. And tell me where the exception occurs and send me the exception details.