Disable "Skip This Version" button ?

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Hello,
I love this library ! But I think there is some options wich should be present !
We can't disable the Internet Explorer Windows who said what the news.
Secondly, we can't disable "Skip This Version" button and "Remind me later", why not add an option in code to automaticly update without pop up notification ?
Thanks.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2014 at 4:50 AM
You can handle the update logic yourself so popup notification won't come. You can do this as shown below.
private void FormMain_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            AutoUpdater.CheckForUpdateEvent += AutoUpdaterOnCheckForUpdateEvent;

AutoUpdater.Start("http://rbsoft.org/updates/right-click-enhancer.xml");
        }

private void AutoUpdaterOnCheckForUpdateEvent(UpdateInfoEventArgs args)
        {
            if (args != null)
            {
                if (args.IsUpdateAvailable)
                {
                    var dialogResult =
                        MessageBox.Show(
                            string.Format(
                                "There is new version {0} avilable. You are using version {1}. Do you want to update the application now?",
                                args.CurrentVersion, args.InstalledVersion), @"Update Available",
                            MessageBoxButtons.YesNo,
                            MessageBoxIcon.Information);

if (dialogResult.Equals(DialogResult.Yes))
                    {
                        try
                        {
                            //You can use Download Update dialog used by AutoUpdater.NET to download the update.

AutoUpdater.DownloadUpdate();
                        }
                        catch (Exception exception)
                        {
                            MessageBox.Show(exception.Message, exception.GetType().ToString(), MessageBoxButtons.OK,
                                MessageBoxIcon.Error);
                        }
                    }
                }
                else
                {
                    MessageBox.Show(@"There is no update avilable please try again later.", @"No update available",
                        MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information);
                }
            }
            else
            {
                MessageBox.Show(
                       @"There is a problem reaching update server please check your internet connection and try again later.",
                       @"Update check failed", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error);
            }
        }
Aug 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Thanks, It's works perfectly ! This is my VB.NET code to force the download :
 Private Sub Form_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
AddHandler AutoUpdater.CheckForUpdateEvent, AddressOf AutoUpdaterOnCheckForUpdateEvent
        AutoUpdater.Start("http://rainbow-controle-parental.fr/Version.xml")
   End Sub
    Private Sub AutoUpdaterOnCheckForUpdateEvent(args As UpdateInfoEventArgs)
        If args.IsUpdateAvailable Then
            Try
                MsgBox("A new update is avaible, it will be downloaded and installed automatically !", MsgBoxStyle.Information)
                'You can use Download Update dialog used by AutoUpdater.NET to download the update.
                AutoUpdater.DownloadUpdate()
            Catch exception As Exception
                MsgBox("The software can't be updated, this is the details error : " & vbNewLine & exception.ToString, MsgBoxStyle.Critical)
            End Try
        End If
    End Sub
I have a question, where are downloaded the update because I thinks the updated software start in not the same folder because I have a Framework error of a missing DLL.
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2014 at 6:10 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2014 at 6:11 AM
If you want to use handle the location of download file don't use Download Dialog provided by AutoUpdater.NET. Handle the logic of download yourself. Download dialog in AutoUpdater.NET download file to temp folder.
Aug 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM
I can't define the folder where AutoUpdater.NET download my updated software ? Thus, Autoupdater close and delete the old version and lauch the new version.
Thanks.