Can it update the DLL's and the Program while running?

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Hello, I have tried using the Plugin as per the documentation, but the Main Exe is downloaded but not updated. Do I need to implement anything else other than that one line?

Also is it possible to update DLL's used by the program using this Autoupdater?

I tried implementing but it's not working :(
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM
On 15-07-2013 13:13, krishnandusarkar wrote:

Hello, I have tried using the Plugin as per the documentation, but the Main Exe is downloaded but not updated. Do I need to implement anything else other than that one line?

Also is it possible to update DLL's used by the program using this Autoupdater?

I tried implementing but it's not working :(
AutoUpdater.Net executes installer after downloading installer. If you want to update Dll's, you have to create installer that way, so it will update all the dll's. what happens after download finished.

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Sorry Sir,
I totally got it wrong. So I have to upload the whole setup..!! I was trying single exe files. And then when I tried multiple file with multiple <Item> I obviously got XML Doc Error.

Thanks for the help :)

Trying with Setup MSI, I'll let you know :)
Jul 15, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Edited Jul 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM
It's working perfectly fine. Thanks a lot for the plugin :)
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 5:05 AM
On 15-07-2013 17:01, krishnandusarkar wrote:

I have done with the setup. But it's still not updating. After downloading, the setup runs and installs fine. But when I run the program, it's still the old version and shows update is available. Am I missing anything?
Open the task manager and see if your application process close itself as soon as download completes and installer runs. Also there is a option in NSIS to always overwrite file. Make sure you set that to always overwrite in your installer building application. If you're application resides in path other than default installation directory make sure you install application to that directory, But if you're running the setup by giving silent parameter in AutoUpdater.NET Process.Start method make sure your setup designed to grab the previous installation directory before installation. If your still have the problem and if you're comfortable with it give me link to setup and i will solve it for you.